Sunny Day Smoothie (Peach, Mango & Carrot Goodness!)

Sunny Day Smoothie is a yummy
mix of peaches, mango
and carrots
You'll notice that most of the smoothie recipes I've shared on this blog so far use soy or almond milk...well, I'm trying to trim some calories out of there, so the smoothies aren't such a guilty treat. (Plus, my daughter and I are both trying to trim a few pounds!)

Another thing I'm trying to do is sneak a few veggies into my fruit smoothies. It's a great way to increase the fiber and add even MORE vitamins and anti-oxidants. The trouble is...my husband doesn't want the flavor of veggies muscling in on his yummy fruit smoothies! So, all veggie additions must be weighed carefully to insure a happy marriage (for the ingredients as well as myself!)

Sunny Day Smoothie offers tons of fiber and three bright yellow-orange ingredients that are rich in beta-carotene, which your body converts to vitamin A. Yellow fruit and vegetables are also rich in zeaxanthin, flavonoids, lycopene, potassium, and vitamin C. These nutrients reduce age-related macular degeneration and the risk of prostate cancer, lower LDL cholesterol and blood pressure, promote collagen formation and healthy joints, fight harmful free radicals, encourage alkaline balance, and work with magnesium to build healthy bones.

Whew! And they do all that while looking great and tasting amazing!

Shopping / Ingredient List:

Carrots (2)
Peaches (About 2 cups. *I used fresh, but I had frozen them previously to help with the smoothie texture*)
Mango (About 1 cup, frozen)
Agave or Honey (preferably RAW honey)

Recipe Sunny Day Smoothie (Peach, Mango & Carrot Goodness!)

In a heavy-duty blender or Nutribullet, blend until smooth:
2 cups frozen peaches
1 cup frozen mango
2 cut carrots (don't peel 'em, just wash & cut)
1 Tbsp Raw Honey or Agave Nectar
16 ounces filtered water

Makes 2-3 servings.


Comments