Chocolate (Vegan, No Oil) Pancakes

Tastes like Chocolate Cake -- for breakfast!
Sunday is pancake day around the Broumley house and since hubby Jim has been steadily upping the mileage on his daily bike rides, I thought it was time for something special... hmm...how about CHOCOLATE?? :-)

Shopping / Ingredient List

All Purpose Flour
Whole Wheat Flour
Baking Powder
Cocoa Powder
Salt
Sugar
2 Ripe Bananas
Soy or Almond Milk

Chocolate Pancakes

In a small bowl, mash 2 ripe bananas, set aside.

In a medium mixing bowl, add:
1 cup All Purpose Flour
1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
2 Tbsp Sugar
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt

Preheat griddle or pan to medium.

Stir dry ingredients well, then:
Add bananas
2 cups Soy or Almond Milk
Stir just until dry ingredients have been mixed in.

Cook on first side until batter begins to bubble, turn and cook for another minute or two.
Serve warm.

Comments

  1. I love your blog! It's just what I've been looking for! I've been eating a 100% vegan diet since 7/20/13. I feel great, but unfortunately I haven't lost any weight. I know I have to eliminate all oils...starting that today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm SO glad you're enjoying it! :-) I think you'll be amazed at how fast the weight comes off without the oils in your diet -- I know I am! Most of the recipes here are oil-free, so try a few and see what you think. If you type "No-oil" in the search box (top-right corner), you can see all of the oil-free recipes at once. Thank you for following the blog! :) Sheila

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much Sheila! I look forward to trying out all the recipes on your blog! Kathleen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment