Margaritas...Vegan-style!

Margaritas make everything better!

Recipe Easy Margaritas

Just about every Margarita mix I see in the store - especially the strawberry flavor has High Fructose Corn Syrup as the number one or number two ingredient, which is a big fat "no-no" in my house. So, I decided to make my own. As it turns out, I inadvertently re-created the best darn margarita I'd ever had - exactly like the Mexican restaurant we discovered in South Lake Tahoe! Sweeet!

Ingredients / Shopping List

Kosher Salt
1/2 cup Lime Juice
2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
1 cup Agave Syrup (recipe below)
1 cup Tequila
2 cups Ice

Margaritas... Vegan Style!

Agave Syrup: In a sauce pan, heat through 1/2 cup Agave Nectar with 1/2 cup water. Set aside to cool.

In Blender, Place...
2 cups Ice
1 cup Tequila
1/2 cup Lime Juice
1 cup Simple Syrup
2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
Blend until smooth.

Dip glasses in drink mix to wet edge, then dip into salt on a plate or shallow bowl to coat edge. Fill glass with  Margarita elixir. ;-)

Want Strawberry, Peach, or other fruit flavor Margarita? Simply replace 1/2 the ice with 1 cup of frozen fruit... YUM!

Comments