How Obesity Threatens America's Future


How Obesity Threatens America's Future

Fruit+Veggies=Health. It's kind of a "duh" statement, eh? Lots of Fruit and Vegetables make for a healthier populace. So why, then, are we so very slow to embrace this conventional wisdom as a society? Why do people react so emotionally when the annual F as in Fat report is published? States hurry to spin the story to deflect blame, Schools trot out the tried-and-true excuses for leaving pure *crap* on the menus, everyone seems to be annoyed by the news.

The truth is; the health of our nation is seriously at risk and I just wanted to take this opportunity to ask you - my fellow healthy-eaters - to reach out to a friend or family member. Share a recipe. Take them with you to the farmers market or grocery store. Host a themed potluck that gets them to break out of the mold. Don't give up on them. They need your help to break free from the foods that are killing them.

I know it's difficult, believe me. I'm not asking you to evangelize the Vegan lifestyle, simply help others to see how easy and tasty adding plants to your diet can be. ;-)

Comments

  1. I agree with you. I have been a vegetarian for 20 years - but I haven't quite ever managed vegan. I might get there one day. Milk in my coffee is the hardest thing to give up for me. Great sight - I will try some of your recipes. And thanks for your visit too:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lorik, I know what you mean - there's a good reason the blog is named "Vegan as I want to be"... I know that there's sodium caseinate (a milk derivative) in my Coffee Mate creamer, but some things are deal breakers. I just want to encourage people to be as close to Vegan as they can. :-) Sheila

      Delete
    2. I just found out today - from Bay Valley Foods (producers of Mocha Mix) that "yes, Mocha Mix IS Vegan" - Yay!! :-)

      Delete
  2. Hello there from a new reader. I am just now browsing your blog and thinking you're exactly the blogger I want to read. And I'll be reading and trying out some of your recipes. Thanks for all your thoughts and ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie and welcome! I'd love to know what you think of the recipes and if you have any suggestions for others trying the Vegan diet. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment